Travel Information for Montgomery, Alabama
- Will you be flying to Montgomery to participate in the 55th Anniversary Selma to Montgomery bicycle ride? The airlines that fly to Montgomery are Delta, U.S. Airways, and American. The Montgomery Airport is online at www.iFlyMontgomery.com.
If you won't be flying with one of the 3 airlines that serve Montgomery, Birmingham or Atlanta will be your next closest airports. Birmingham is 90 miles North of Montgomery on Interstate 65. Your other option is to fly into Atlanta, which is 160 miles Northeast of Montgomery on Interstate 85. Please note that Montgomery & Birmingham are on Central time and Atlanta is on Eastern time.
Downtown Montgomery Host Hotel
- Renaissance Montgomery Hotel & Spa at the Convention Center, 201 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery, AL 36104 (Host Hotel for Selma 55 Ride)
(334) 481-5000 – Hotel Web Site (Marriott affiliate)
A group block of 75 rooms for the 55th Annivesary Selma to Montgomery Bicycle Ride in Montgomery, Alabama for February 22, 2020 has been created. The rate is $169/night for Friday and Saturday nights These rooms are usually $219/night, so this special rates is a $50 savings. Currently, this special rates is only for 2 queen-sized beds. We are working to add a single KIng-sized bed option as well. In addition to Friday & Saturday nights, you may also add "shoulder" nights for Thursday night and/or Sunday night. Use THIS RESERVATION LINK for the $169/night rate! You can book online at TinyURL.com/2020Selma55RideHotel. If you want the $169 Selma 55 Ride rate, you MUST book your room by Tuesday, January 21, 2020. For any questions about the $169 Glassner Autumn Challenge rate, you may call the hotel directly at 334-481-5000 or E-mail Nelson Ellerin at Nelson.Ellerin@RenaissanceMontgomery.com to request the $169/night Selma to Montgomery 55 Bicycle Ride rate.
- Play, Stay, Savor, and Meet in Montgomery. Find plenty to do while you are in Montgomery at VisitingMontgomery.com.
- Rosa Parks Museum, 252 Montgomery Street, Montgomery, AL 36104
Rosa Parks Museum hours of operation are M-F 9 am to 5 pm (last tour at 4 pm) & Saturday 9 am to 3 pm (last tour at 2 pm)
- Learn more about the 2020 Selma Bridge Crossing Jubilee weekend scheduled for February 28 - March 1, 2020 at the Selma50.com Web site.
- The Civil Heritage Trail in downtown Montgomery offers a tour of downtown Montgomery sites from the comfort of your bicycle.
- Montgomery is a place where history runs deep. The Alabama Tourism Department features Montgomery here.
- Civil Rights Memorial Center, 400 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36104 (Information for Visitors)
Civil Rights Memorial Center hours of operation are M-F 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Do you love your bike so much that you'll pack it with you on the plane to Montgomery or is renting a bicycle in Alabama more your style? Bike Rentals are available at Montgomery MultiSport in Montgomery and also at Cahaba Cycles in Pelham, Alabama. In addition, there are 2 local Montgomery Bicycle Shops that can assist you with your bicycle needs. Each shop has its own unique personality. So, give all 3 a call and let them know that you are coming to Montgomery.
- SpinLister.com – Rent a bike anywhere in the world – Save money, meet awesome people, and consume less – Spinlister is a premier bike rental and sharing service that provides a platform to connect bike owners with active people looking to rent or borrow around the world. Through our service, owners list their bikes, renters search for a bike in whatever area they want, and complete the rental process easily through our website, mobile app, or in-store kiosks. We even offer various protection options and delivery services to make everyone happy.
- Montgomery MultiSport, Peppertree Shopping Center, 8107 Vaughn Road, Montgomery, AL 36116
(334) 356-7271 – Web Site – Trek, Cervelo, Niner, and other brands plus running shoes & more. MMS has 2 different bikes that they rent for $40 (hybrid Trek bike) or $60 (road Trek bike) for the first day and $5 (hybrid Trek bike) or $10 (road Trek bike) for each day thereafter (3 day maximum rental). Contact Andy Steinhauer at MMS by E-mail (AndyS@MontgomeryMultiSport.com) or phone (334-356-7271) to reserve your MMS bike rental.
- Bell Road Cycle Nutrition & Training Center, 2544 Bell Road, Montgomery, AL 36117
(334) 676-1480 – Web Site – Specialized bike dealer
- Cahaba Cycles, 2271 Pelham Parkway, Pelham, AL 35124 (75 miles North of Montgomery on Interstate 65)
(205) 987-4043 – Web Site – 5 different Trek bikes that they rent from $40 - $75 for the first day and $10 for each day thereafter. If you think you might fly in to the Birmingham Airport, Cahaba Cycles may be a good option since you'll drive through Pelham on your way from Birmingham to Montgomery.
- The 2019 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 405 AM CST Fri Feb 22 2019 was ...
Friday: Patchy fog early in the morning. Cloudy with slight chance of showers in the morning, then partly cloudy with chance of showers and
slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 80. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Friday night: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers in the morning, then chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Saturday Night: Cloudy. Chance of showers in the evening, then showers likely and chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper
50s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Sunday: Cooler. Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds
- The 2018 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 602 AM CST Fri Feb 23 2018 was ...
Friday: Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. A 20 percent chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s.
South winds 5 to 10 mph.
Friday night: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the lower 60s. South winds around 5 mph.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy in the morning, then partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. South winds
around 10 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Sunday: Cooler. Showers and chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.
- The 2017 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 502 AM CST Fri Feb 24 2017 was ...
Friday: Mostly sunny. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Friday night: Mostly clear in the evening, then mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s.
Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: Cooler. Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs in the mid 60s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday Night: Much colder. Clear. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Northeast winds around 5 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon.
Sunday Night: Mostly clear in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s.
- The 2016 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 602 AM CST FRI FEB 19 2016 was ....
FRIDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S. SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. AREAS OF FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE MID 40S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING LIGHT.
.SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. AREAS OF FOG IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING LIGHT.
.SUNDAY...CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S.