Glassner Autumn Challenge - Travel Information for Montgomery, Alabama
Downtown Montgomery Hotel, Closest Hotel to the Glassner Ride Start
- Will you be flying to Montgomery to participate in the 2019 Glassner Autumn Challenge bicycle ride? The airlines that fly to Montgomery are Delta and American. The Montgomery Airport is online at www.FlyMGM.com
- If you won't be flying with one of the 2 airlines that serve Montgomery, Birmingham or Atlanta will be your next closest airports. Birmingham is 90 miles North of Montgomery on Interstate 65. Your other option is to fly into Atlanta, which is 160 miles Northeast of Montgomery on Interstate 85. Please note that Montgomery & Birmingham are on Central time and Atlanta is on Eastern time.
Downtown Montgomery Hotel, Closest Hotel to the Glassner Ride Start
- You can stay at the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Montgomery (Hilton affiliated property) for the 2019 Glassner Autumn Challenge. We also will be having our Friday evening rider packet pick-up and Goody Bag pick-up nearby at the new ASU Football Stadium at Alabama State University from 4:30 pm - 8 pm PLUS the Doubletree Hotel by Hilton will host a Manager's Reception for all Glassner Autumn Challenge cyclists with food & drinks from 6 pm - 7 pm. In addition, coming back for 2019, the Rusty Nuts band will be performing LIVE on Saturday, 10/12 at the New ASU football stadium from 10:30 pm - 6:30 pm during your post-ride lunch meal!
If you ordered any 2019 Glassner Gear before August 29 (jerseys, shorts, or bib shorts) when you registered at www.TinyURL.com/2019GAC or separately at www.MgmBikeClub.org/GlassnerGear2019, you'll be able to pick-up your 2019 Glassner Gear on Friday evening at the new ASU Football Stadium as well. All Glassner Gear orders placed after August 29 will be mailed to you after this year's Glassner Ride in November.
So, we hope you'll book your rooms and plan to ride with us at the 2019 Glassner Autumn Challenge.
- Doubletree Hotel by Hilton, 120 Madison Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36104 (Host Hotel for the Glassner 2019) – Group Code GAC
(334) 245-2320 – GAC Reservation Link (Hilton affiliate) – Doubletree Hotel Glassner Autumn Challenge Rate PDF document
A group block for the Glassner Autumn Challenge in Montgomery, Alabama for October 10-13, 2019 has been created. The rate is $132/night for Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday night(s). You can book online at TinyURL.com/2019GACDT2. Use Group Code GAC for the $132/night rate! If you want the $132 Glassner Autumn Challenge rate, you MUST enter Group Code GAC AND book your room by Monday, September 9. For any questions about the $132 Glassner Autumn Challenge rate, you may call the hotel directly at 334-245-2320 or E-mail Shawna Faniel at Shawna.Faniel@Hilton.com to request the $132/night Glassner Autumn Challenge rate.
- Play, Stay, Savor, and Meet in Montgomery. Find plenty to do while you are in Montgomery at VisitingMontgomery.com.
- Rosa Parks Museum, 252 Montgomery Street, Montgomery, AL 36104
Rosa Parks Museum hours of operation are M-F 9 am to 5 pm (last tour at 4 pm) & Saturday 9 am to 3 pm (last tour at 2 pm)
- Learn more about the 1965 Selma to Montgomery March at the DreamMarchesOn.com Web site.
- The Civil Heritage Trail in downtown Montgomery offers a tour of downtown Montgomery sites from the comfort of your bicycle.
- Montgomery is a place where history runs deep. The Alabama Tourism Department features Montgomery here.
- Civil Rights Memorial Center, 400 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36104 (Information for Visitors)
Civil Rights Memorial Center hours of operation are M-F 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Do you love your bike so much that you'll pack it with you on the plane to Montgomery or is renting a bicycle in Alabama more your style? Bike Rentals are available through SpinLister.com, at Montgomery MultiSport in Montgomery and also at Cahaba Cycles in Pelham, Alabama. In addition, there are 2 local Montgomery Bicycle Shops that can assist you with your bicycle needs. Each shop has its own unique personality. So, give both a call and let them know that you are coming to Montgomery.
- SpinLister.com – Rent a bike anywhere in the world – Save money, meet awesome people, and consume less – Spinlister is a premier bike rental and sharing service that provides a platform to connect bike owners with active people looking to rent or borrow around the world. Through our service, owners list their bikes, renters search for a bike in whatever area they want, and complete the rental process easily through our website, mobile app, or in-store kiosks. We even offer various protection options and delivery services to make everyone happy.
- Montgomery MultiSport, Peppertree Shopping Center, 8107 Vaughn Road, Montgomery, AL 36116
(334) 356-7271 – Web Site – Trek, Cervelo, Niner, and other brands plus running shoes & more. MMS has 2 different bikes that they rent for $40 (hybrid Trek bike) or $60 (road Trek bike) for the first day and $5 (hybrid Trek bike) or $10 (road Trek bike) for each day thereafter (3 day maximum rental). Contact Andy Steinhauer at MMS by E-mail (AndyS@MontgomeryMultiSport.com) or phone (334-356-7271) to reserve your MMS bike rental.
- Cahaba Cycles, 2271 Pelham Parkway, Pelham, AL 35124 (75 miles North of Montgomery on Interstate 65)
(205) 987-4043 – Web Site – 5 different Trek bikes that they rent from $40 - $75 for the first day and $10 for each day thereafter. If you think you might fly in to the Birmingham Airport, Cahaba Cycles may be a good option since you'll drive through Pelham on your way from Birmingham to Montgomery.
Historic Weather for Montgomery, Alabama for the weekends around October 11 - 13
- The 2018 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 502 AM CDT Fri Oct 12 2018 was ...
Friday night: Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. North winds around 5 mph.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. Light winds becoming east around 5 mph after midnight.
- The 2017 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 602 AM CDT FRI OCT 13 2017 was ...
.Friday Night: Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 5 mph.
.Saturday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
.Saturday Night: Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 5 mph in the evening then becoming light.
- The 2016 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 602 AM CDT FRI OCT 14 2016 was ...
.Friday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s. East winds around 5 mph.
.Saturday: Mostly cloudy in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph.
.Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. East winds around 5 mph.
- The 2015 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 603 AM CDT FRI OCT 9 2015 was ...
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 60S. LIGHT WINDS BECOMING NORTHWEST AROUND 5 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70S. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 50S. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.
- The 2014 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 3:54 AM CDT FRI OCT 10, 2014 was ...
.FRIDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 60S. LIGHT WINDS.
.SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 80S. WEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 60S. LIGHT WINDS.
- The 2013 weather for Montgomery, Alabama as of 3:35 AM CDT FRI OCT 11, 2013 was ...
.FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 50S. LIGHT WINDS.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 80S. NORTHWEST WINDS
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE UPPER 50S. LIGHT WINDS.