- MBC Store
- Smart Cycling Course
- Bicycle Maintenance Course (Non-Member)
Bicycle Maintenance Course (Non-Member)
The Bicycle Maintenance Course is provided by the Montgomery Bicycle Club. MBC promotes cycling safety and knowledge in the River Region. The course is designed for novice to intermediate adult cyclists who want to improve their bike maintenance skills and become more proficient in repairing your bicycles. However, all skill levels can benefit from the skill demonstrations and class discussions on mechanical techniques, tire changing techniques, and more. The class includes approximately 2-4 hours of classroom discussion and demonstrations. The course is fun, challenging, and full of "need to know" information to work on your bicycle confidently.
Cost for the 2 session course is $25 each for guests (or just $10 for MBC members from www.MgmBikeClub.org/Members).
Students – Please bring the bike that you want to learn to work on.
Topics we will cover include:
- Wheel inspection (rims/spokes/hubs)
- brake adjusting (pad toe-in)
- Chain removal and replacement and finding the right length
- Brake and shifter cable replacement and adjustment.
- Bottom brackets
- Disc brake hydraulic bleed/ mechanical adjust